About the Experience:
Before you head out to Explore Sound and Nature with Outdoor Studios, these are the ways you might prepare.
- Find out as much as you can about the site you’d like to use before your visit.
- Maps, reference books, and the web are all useful.
- Prepare to share what you find depending on the age and experience of your group.
- A bit of history us useful, especially if there are interesting narratives you can draw inspiration from.
- Plan your route thoroughly and visit by yourself in advance, if possible.
- Consider the safety and security of the area you will be working in.
- Think about appropriate clothing for the location and time of year.
Workshop time is divided into short sections, including:
- Free Playing and Exploration
- Thinking about the Site
- Improvisation – Call and Response
- Working with a theme
What you will find in your Zip File:
A Day in the Forest Exploring Sound and Nature Activity Outline
Link to Video Walk Through and Saxaphone playing in the Forest with Peter
About the Artist:
Peter is a musician, photographer and film maker. His main instrument is the saxophone and he plays all kinds of music. With a camera he covers events, takes portraits, creates films and make sound and image installations. Peter’s project work includes digital media, recording sound, photography and film. He also performs with music groups, jazz ensembles and big bands. He organises and lead projects, performances, exhibitions and events often focusing on a theme or a Community’s needs. Peter enjoys working with people of any age or ability in a creative and valued partnership. Funders of his work include English Heritage, Creative Partnerships, the BBC, Youth Music, Chalkfoot Theatre, Sounds New Music Festival, trust funds and Arts Council England. Peter is a Project Leader and photographer for Sounds New Contemporary Music Festival and Artistic Director of the charity New Moves, which promotes music and dance with people of all abilities, and in particular people those who have a learning disability.
If you would like Peter to facilitate a workshop for you in person, please email Contact Outdoor Studios